How to Wash Your Pup's Items
- Hand wash or machine wash on a gentle cycle with our wash bag.
- Use a mild detergent and warm water
- Thoroughly dry off all metal components with a soft cloth after washing and lay flat to dry
- Re-treat collars with our favourite non-toxic, locally produced "DryGuy" Stain Guard which will help to create a barrier between the textile and dirt, mud and stains.
If wrinkled, press as needed by adjusting the collar or harness straps to their largest settings. With the fabric-side facing up, cover straps with a press cloth (or tea towel), gently press each strap with steam. For stubborn wrinkles, spritz fabric side with water, replace pressing cloth and resume pressing with steam. Do not directly place the iron on polyester items!
- Care for your Danes & Divas items as you would with your favorite designer item.
- Just like with your favorite sweater or pair of shoes, we recommend having more than one collar or harness in your pet's accessory rotation to reduce the wear and tear on the one item significantly.
- Check your pet's collar, leash and harness regularly to ensure that the hardware components are in tip-top shape and replace your pet's accessories as needed.
Please note that no collar, harness, leash or bow tie is indestructible.
Wear and tear will depend on your pup's unique lifestyle (and their pawdicures!).
Pups that lounge indoors all day will wear into their collars a lot differently than more adventurous pups that can't resist a good dirt pile or frequent trips to the dog park or beach.
If your pup is all about that adventurous life, our Premium Canvas line of collars and leads will compliment their lifestyle best.